Child Welfare

Bad River Indian Child Welfare (ICW)

Phone: 715-682-7127 (x1403)

Fax: 715-682-7883 

Address: Bad River Social & Family Services 

Bad River Child Care Advocate



If you are aware of a child who is a victim of a crime this funding will aid the child with any or all of the following services. 

  • One on one counseling
  • Referrals for other services
  • Supply food
  • Supply clothing
  • Transportation
  • Shelter
  • Cultural ceremonies
  • Ceremonial healings
  • Group activities

Bad River Child Care Assistance Program

Phone: 715-682-7127

Fax: 715-682-7883 

Address: Bad River Social & Family Services


The Bad River Child Care Program provides child care subsidies to eligible families while offering parental choice in selecting a child care provider. Child care may be available for work, employment search, training and education, teen parents in high school, counseling services, self-help programs and emergencies. We also offer Child Day Care Certification so that child care providers meet the standards to operate regulated child care services in their homes. Certification qualifies a child care provider to receive subsidy payments and participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. 

WI Report Child Abuse

Phone: 911
Ashland County Health & Human Services
Phone: 715-682-7004
After Hours: 715-682-7023
Fax: 715-682-7924
Address: 630 Sanborn Ave., Ashland WI 54806 
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30a-5:00p

Bayfield County Department of Human Services
Phone: 715-373-6144
After Hours:  715-373-6120 
Fax: 715-373-6130 
Address: 117 E. Fifth St./P.O. Box 100
Washburn, Wisconsin 54891 
Hours: Monday, Wednesday – Friday 8:00a-4:00p
Tuesday 7:30a – 6:00p

Iron County Human Services Department
Phone: 715-561-3636 (ext 0)
After Hours: 715-561-3800 
Fax: 715-561-2128 
Address: 300 Taconite Street, Hurley, WI 54534 
Search for CPS Online:
Any person who thinks child abuse and/or neglect has
happened or might happen can make a report to Child Protective
Services (CPS) agency or law enforcement.